We all know a person who snores SUPER loud in their sleep. We cover our ears with our pillow but not anymore! There is a solution!!
-Snoring occurs when airflow from the mouth and nose is blocked. Many things such as being over weight, on medications, or stressed can cause this problem. It can increase with age and is more prevalent in men. However there is a serious medical problem to watch out for. Sleep Apnea, it is a chronic condition when the airway of the throat completely collapses instead of narrowing. This can cause you to stop breathing.
Essential oils may not be an entire solution but they have proven in studies to improve snoring!
🌿 Thyme –
- Helps Respiratory System
- Fights Colds Blocking the Airway
- Loosens Phlegm
- Has Antiseptic & Antispasmodic Properties
- Delivers Support & Boosts Respiratory System
- Eases Cold & Flu Symptoms
- Warming Effect Clears Congestion
- Keeps Airways Open
- Helps Obstruct Airways (congestion, cold, pain, headache, cough)
- Aids Throat Infections
- Lubricates tissue in back of throat
*Three Ways to Use*
- Massage- Dilute oils with carrier oil and massage the chest, neck, & shoulders.
- Gargle- 2-3 drops of EO in a cup of water. Rinse with it for 3 min.
- Diffuse- Make your own recipe about an hour before bed and lay relaxing with the EO diffusing.
The most recommended and most effective way is to diffuse the oils.